At present, when it comes to marketing it seems that we only refer to online marketing . And whenever we are asked about marketing actions, we end up thinking, almost unconsciously, on the web, social networks, content and positioning.
But is there only this type of marketing? I invite you to continue reading to get out of doubt!
The answer is obviously not, because if we say yes we are completely avoiding offline marketing specially for real estate projects like Capital Smart City .
Online marketing means the actions carried out in the media and internet channels. For its part, offline marketing focuses all its efforts on the more traditional channels. While it is true that online marketing has been growing to the detriment of offline, do not leave this aside.
The ideal is to create a global strategy to combine efforts in both the online and offline channels, so that our campaigns are reinforced and, thus, an increase in their effectiveness is achieved.
Aware of how positive it can be to involve offline and online marketing , in this post I will tell you how to generate records through inboundization , that is: take advantage of the traffic to both online and physical assets that a company has to generate records
Therefore, if in your company you have online part and physical part, this post and the actions that will be proposed in it will be very useful. Do not miss it!
Record collection: how to carry it out by bringing offline and online marketing together
It is said that we have a lead or a record when a user provides us with their data through a contact form. Just then, the user becomes a contact.
Getting leads is, without a doubt, one of the main parts if you want the business to continue to prosper, since these contacts will be the basis to carry out any type of strategy .
The importance of getting leads is such that the acquisition of records becomes one of the main actions in which companies focus.
Going deeper into the subject, it is understood by capturing records to all those actions (both online and offline) focused on generating records and, therefore, a database.
So far everything is clear, but … how do I get a user to give me their data ? The answer is to offer free content of interest to your users, but no content of any kind is useful. To know exactly what to offer, you should study your buyer / target audience well so that you get information about what content can be aligned with your interests. Once you are clear about what content to offer, you have to choose the format in which to disseminate the content.
Some format ideas could be: ebooks / guides, quizz / online test (where you ask for the data if the user wants to know the result), raffles, discount coupons …
Inboundization of assets to capture records
Once you are clear about what to offer and in what format, the following question is given by how I make my buyer person aware that I have those assets to offer.
To achieve greater coverage and improve efficiency, we will implement actions both online and offline. Do we see them?
Take advantage of your online traffic
Let’s start talking about what to do online. The first thing is to take advantage of the online traffic you have on your website to help you capture records. To do this, you have to make a list of all the online assets you have, so you will be clear where you can disseminate the information. By online assets we refer to your website, blog, social networks, relationships with partners in the sector …
Once you find out what assets you can push yourself to offer your content, start offering it through attractive calls to action. That is, place a button in image format (where the content you are offering is previewed) and make it land on a landing page where you will give the user the option to fill out a form in exchange for the content.
To enhance these actions, you can follow these three tips:
- Make the most of the potential of your web pages: place it in the home of the corporate website, in the sidebar of the blog and in the articles with more traffic (in a blog it will always be where the educational content is more aligned), place pop-ups of exit intent on web pages, etc.
- Make several publications on social networks to spread it too (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter … etc), they will help you achieve greater reach.
- Adjust the content to each of the channels so that they are aligned to the maximum. For example, educational content makes more sense to offer it on websites where it will be maintained for a longer time, while raffle-type actions and discount coupons are more feasible to disseminate on social networks.
How to direct your offline traffic online
What happens to all those people who visit your store / s but whose data you do not have to impact them via email? Ideally, direct them to the online world to capture their data.
As I mentioned, actions can be taken to make the efforts in the offline part complete in the online part. For example, some of the actions you can carry out in your physical store to get customer data in the online plan are the following:
- Place tablets with landing page for downloading content.
- Offer wifi so they have to register and leave their data.
- Put bitlys (shortened URLs) on purchase tickets that lead to a landing page for downloading content.
- Take advantage of any offline campaign (for example, an album) to also include a bitly: if it is temporary it can be a raffle or educational content.
- As you can see, there are a large number of actions, both online and offline, to improve the record collection ratio.
- Ideally, try different types of combined actions and analyze which action is reporting the best results and, specifically, see which action receives the most records. This way you will see what content works best and which broadcast channel best reaches your target audience.
- But don’t stay alone in an initial analysis. My advice is that you continue analyzing and see how that database responds in the future, that is, that you also measure the quality of the records obtained. For example, it is possible that for a discount coupon there are more bounce emails than in an ebook download database. Against this, the best decision you can make is to always put quality as a priority over quantity.
- With all these steps covered, it would be interesting to raise next steps, that is, now that I begin to have a solid database, what do I do with these records?
- I already told you that it will be important to nurture them so that they continue advancing in the purchase process or retain them if they are already customers. Wondering how you can nurture them? I recommend you download the following free ebook about lead scoring and lead nurturing to get it. I would love to read your impressions about it!